To become a Panel Member of the Lawyer Referral Service of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia you must:
- Be a member in good standing of the BADC.
- Have an office in which you can meet with clients in the Washington, DC area.
- Submit the application below to the BADC with a check for $100 ($200 for Personal Injury cases).
- Maintain an Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy for the duration of the time you are on the LRS Panel, and submit a copy of the cover sheet with your application and at the beginning of each LRS fiscal year.
- Agree to remit to the BADC percentage fees pursuant to the fee schedule. To learn more about the percentage fees, please refer to the Rules of Operation, specifically Page 2, Section V.
Click here to download a printable LRS application
Fill out the information below and return with your insurance policy and check for $100 (or $200 for personal injury) payable to BADC:
Firm Name:_________________________________ _
Admitted to Practice in D.C _____ _____
Month / Year
Other Jurisdictions Admitted:___________________ _
Foreign Languages in which you or someone in your office are reasonably fluent:
Lawyer Referral Service Agreement
I am an active member in good standing of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia and the District of Columbia Bar. I agree to see clients referred to me by the BADC LRS for a 1/2 hour initial consultation and if a case results from it to remit to the BADC percentage fees pursuant to the BADC LRS Rules and Regulations. I authorize the Grievance Committee of the DC Bar to release any information about me to the BADC's LRS. I understand the the LRS is not a provider of legal services and does not carry malpractice insurance. As a participating attorney, I will be solely responsible for all legal services provided to referral clients. I have included the cover page of my Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy and will submit the same to the BADC for each year I am a member of the LRS panel.
Fields of Law
You may select up to five numbered categories:
1.____Administrative and Agency
____Other Boards and Agencies
(Please specify agency) __________________
____Police Brutality/False Arrest
____First Amendment Rights
9.____Consumer Law/Lemon Law
____Credit Card Problems
12____Employment Law/Wrongful Discharge/Whistleblowing
____Music, Recording Contracts, etc.
____Publishing, Copyright, Theatre, Plays, etc.
____Power of Attorney
____Healthcare Power of Attorney
____Property Settlement Agreement
17.____Health Law/Mental Health
18.____Immigration & Naturalization
____Military Court of Appeals
____Housing Code Violations
____Sales/Purchases of R.E.