Join the Bar Association of the District of Columbia for our annual black tie banquet, sponsored by the Foundation of the BADC.
The evening will include a cocktail reception, dinner, dessert, dancing, and an award ceremony honoring BADC's Judicial Honoree of the Year, Lawyer of the Year, Honorable Annice M. Wagner Pioneer Award Winner, and Young Lawyer of the Year.
The FBADC will present the first Suzanne Richards Award. This new award is named for BADC's first female president and will be given annually to a DC nonprofit.
Suzanne Richards Award
D.C. Affordable Law Firm
Annice M. Wagner Pioneer Award
Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton
Judge of the Year
Honorable Diane M. Brenneman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Lawyer of the Year
Lisa Blatt, Arnold & Porter LLP
Young Lawyer of the Year
Lisa Manning, Schertler & Onorato LLP
Proceeds over expenses help The BADC Foundation fund legal services providers. The BADC Foundation is a 501(3) organization tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Any sponsorship amount over the cost of attendance is tax-deductible.
- $5,000 Benefactor (14 tickets)
- $2,500 Patron (10 tickets)
- $1,500 Small Firm Advocate (4 tickets)
- $1,000 Individual Advocate (4 tickets)
- $500 Individual Supporter (2 tickets)
- $175 Judge
- $225 BADC Member
- $300 Non-BADC Members
144th Annual Banquet is sponsored by:
Vinson & Elkins LLP
American Psychological Association
Hon. Diane M. & Lyle Brenneman
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
Capital Professional Insurance Managers, Inc.
Foundation of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Small Firm Advocates
Kaiser, LeGrand & Dillon PLLC
Schertler & Onorato LLP
Ralph P. Albrecht
William P. Atkins
Honorable Rainey R. Brandt
Paulette E. Chapman
Matthew L. Fedowitz
Robert A. Gazzola
Ellen M. Jakovic
Keith W. Watters
BADC dues renewal notices have been sent to all members. To renew online please login using the form at the bottom of the left sidebar and follow the link to the renewal form. BADC is now offering the option to renew for 1, 2, or 3 years at a time.
BADC National Security Law Policy & Practice Committee's Cybersecurity for Small Firms and Business Podcast
If you missed the Cybersecurity for Small Firms and Businesses panel on 2/26/15 you can listen to it via podcast.
Steven Chabinsky, CrowdStrike
Ira Hoffman, Offit Kurman
Harriet Pearson, Hogan Lovells US LLP
Christopher Zampogna, Zampogna, P.C.
Please thank your veterans and service members for their service.
A few ways you can support your service members and veterans are listed below.
- Claims Assistance Network (VCAN): ABA VCAN is a pilot program in partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that provides pro bono volunteer opportunities for lawyers to help veterans with the preparation and completion of claims for disability compensation benefits currently pending with VA. Attorneys can sign up and view VCAN’s free training webinar on www.ABAVCAN.org.
- ABA Home Front: ABA Home Front is an online resource, on www.ABAHomeFront.org, designed to help military members, veterans, and their families find legal information, referrals, and representation for civil legal matters. They may use the (1) the Directory of Programs to find a state-by-state guide of legal resources available in their area, and (2) the Information Center for information about their legal rights and responsibilities.
- VSO Search Page: Veterans can appoint a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization (VSO) that will help them for free throughout the entire benefits claims process with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Visit: http://www.ebenefits.va.gov, click on “View all Features,” and then “Find or View Your Representative for VA Claims” to find and select a local representative.
If have questions or if you sign up please email or call Bill Aramony with the Military Law Committee (MLC) email@example.com. Please use subject line BADC Vets or via phone at 703-299-8496.
Renew your dues today.
Need a lawyer? Call (202) 296-7845.
Join the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) Panel.